IQ Excellence Awards deadline extended
Deadline for Institute of Quarrying’s free-to-enter awards scheme extended until 31 July
THE deadline for entries to the Institute of Quarrying’s free-to-enter IQ Excellence Awards has been extended until 31 July 2019. The extension is designed to encourage quarry operators across the UK to enter and receive recognition from peers for the great work they do day in, day out.
The IQ Excellence Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements of individuals, teams and projects in the mineral extractives sector across different regions in the UK. Recognizing the commitment to continuing professional development, the award categories are aligned to the different quadrants of the IQ Skills Wheel.
Team/project-based award categories:
- Best Personal Development Project – to recognize initiatives that are aimed at supporting the professional development of employees at company or site level.
- Best Community Engagement Project – to recognize projects where sites are actively engaging their local communities and achieving positive results.
- Best Initiative to Engage Workforce or Team – to recognize the best initiative aimed at supporting workforce engagement at either company or site team level.
- Most Effective Process Improvement – to recognize a team, project or initiative of technical process improvement that has delivered improved operational performance.
Individual-based award categories:
- Health & Safety Individual Excellence Award – to recognize the achievements of an individual in improving the health and safety performance on site.
- Most Inspirational Leader – to recognize an individual who has made the strongest positive impact on the team they are part of.
- Most Promising Future Leader – to recognize a talented individual for building their all-round knowledge and skills.
- Most Innovative Leader – to recognize an individual who has made the best impact on the innovation ecosystem at site, business unit or organizational level.
James Thorne, IQ’s chief executive officer, said: ‘With so many innovative projects, as well as great achievements from individuals and teams in the sector, we’re giving those who haven’t yet entered the IQ Excellence Awards the chance to do so with an extended deadline of 31 July.
‘You don’t have to be a member of the Institute of Quarrying to enter the awards. And, entry is free, so we’re encouraging anyone working in the quarrying and mineral products industry to enter and celebrate success with us.’
With regional awards planned in the north, south and central UK over the coming months, each regional award winner will automatically go forward to the national excellence awards, which will take place at Hillhead 2020, where they will compete for the overall national title in each category.
To enter the IQ Excellence Awards for free, and for more information, visit: www.quarrying.org/iq-excellence-awards
Follow #IQAwards on social.