Latest Freight Transport Association Handbook contains key current compliance information for HGV drivers
THE new edition of the FTA Drivers’ Handbook – which provides key compliance information for HGV operators – is now available.
Subjects covered in the latest reference guide, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Trucks, include: meeting legal requirements; driving best practice, driver care; and what to do when things go wrong and driving abroad. There is also a section on useful contacts and an HGV driver’s walk-around check pull-out.
The Drivers’ Handbook contains the following key updates and additions:
- Removal of the paper counterpart (driver licence) and how to check licence details
- Changes to speed limits
- Risks and penalties of using handheld devices while driving
- Drug driving (illegal and medicinal) – limits and endorsements
- Drink driving limits in Scotland
- Dartford Crossing - free-flow system payment and operation
- Major update to load security – body types, load types and defect categories
- How to avoid overloading
- Tips for drivers around cyclists
- Stopping illegal migrant entrants to the UK – top tips to avoid penalties
- Updated congestion charges
- Updated fixed penalty charges
- Changes to exemptions from EU Drivers Hours rules.
For copies of the FTA Drivers' Handbook (£6.75 each for FTA members and £8.00 for non-members) visit: www.shop.fta.co.uk