New Sync Wireless headset from Honeywell
Earmuffs with integrated Bluetooth technology allow workers to stay both connected and protected
HONEYWELL have launched a new line of protective earmuffs that are designed to allow workers to stay connected while continuing to protect their hearing on noisy job sites.
The Honeywell Howard Leight Sync Wireless protective earmuffs integrate Bluetooth wireless technology, allowing workers to talk on the phone, connect with co-workers, get instructions and perform tasks without sacrificing hearing protection in noisy or dangerously loud environments.
‘Noise-induced hearing loss is a significant safety risk in industrial and commercial settings, so ensuring workers keep hearing protection in place at all times is critical,’ said Honeywell Industrial Safety product manager Nimil Nelson David.
‘With Sync Wireless earmuffs, workers who rely on smart phones or need to talk to co-workers or supervisors in noisy environments can stay connected and productive without sacrificing safety.’
The new earmuffs connect wirelessly, via Bluetooth, to most smartphones and feature a boom microphone that allows workers to answer calls and conduct clear phone conversations while keeping the phone safely in a pocket.
The wireless format eliminates the need for cords or cabling that can pose trip, slip or hand hazards.
‘Slipping off a headset to take a call creates safety risks,’ continued Nimil Nelson David. ‘We are committed to adapting new technologies to keep workers and their job sites connected and safe.’
Features of the new headset include:
- Bluetooth 4.1 for improved connectivity and reliability of data transfer, and use with 4G cell phones
- Ergonomic design for simple operation, with volume control buttons and flashing coloured lights to indicate different settings
- Boom microphone provides crystal-clear communication in noisy environments and rotates out of the way when not in use
- Volume-management technology limits output volume from portable audio devices to 82dB; while air-flow control technology provides optimal noise reduction across all frequencies to SNR32dB
- Steel headband construction and padded earcups for long-wearing comfort and use
- 16h+ rechargeable battery.