Company aiming to accelerate strategy implementation with new operating model and organization
THE board of directors of Metso has announced that the Group will introduce a new operating model and organization, with effect from 1 January 2018.
The new organization is designed to accelerate Metso’s strategy implementation by strengthening its service and product businesses in the minerals and flow-control markets.
Growth will primarily be sought organically, but also through acquisitions.
‘The fundamentals of Metso’s strategy and business portfolio remain the same, and our vision is valid. I strongly believe, that for our customers and other stakeholders, Metso will be the best choice for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources,’ said Nico Delvaux, president and chief executive officer of Metso.
‘We will implement an organizational structure where businesses are built around similar customer, competitive and business dynamics. This will enable a more focused and agile organization.
‘We will further strengthen the accountability of our businesses, and speed up decision-making to enable both the implementation of our growth plans and the agile response to market changes.
‘Additionally, our focus on innovation and technology will significantly increase, to provide better solutions for sustainability, efficiency and productivity for our customers.’
Metso’s new business areas will be:
- Mining Equipment
- Aggregates Equipment
- Minerals Services
- Minerals Consumables
The heads of the business areas will report to Mr Delvaux, whilst the Group’s current reporting segments, Minerals and Flow Control, remain unchanged.
Based on the revised operating model, as of 1 January 2018 Metso’s executive team will consist of the following members:
- Nico Delvaux, president and chief executive officer
- Victor Tapia, president, Mining Equipment business area
- TBC, president, Aggregates Equipment business area
- TBC, president, Minerals Services business area
- TBC, president, Minerals Consumables
- Uffe Hansen, senior vice-president, Recycling business area
- John Quinlivan, president, Valves and Pumps business areas
- Eeva Sipilä, chief financial officer
- Merja Kamppari, senior vice-president, Human Resources
- Olli-Pekka Oksanen, senior vice-president, Strategy and Business Development
- Jani Puroranta, chief digital officer.
The appointment of the presidents of the Aggregates Equipment, Minerals Services, and Minerals Consumables business areas will be announced in due course.