JCB 220X heralds new generation of excavators
Next-generation of tracked excavators mark new level of product development and machine assembly
JCB have developed advanced new 220X crawler excavators, the first models in the next generation of JCB tracked machines for the global construction market.
Over a four-year development period, JCB has employed a programme of intensive component and product testing, to achieve increased levels of build quality and reliability for customers.
The new machines feature:
- 15% larger global cab with integral ROPS structure, offering reduced noise levels
- 200mm wider upperstructure delivering improved packaging
- Central main boom mounting for increased digging accuracy and durability
- Intuitive, ergonomically designed cab with simple user interface
- Stronger side doors for greater strength and increased protection.
JCB’s chief innovation and growth officer, Tim Burnhope, said: ‘With the next-generation 220X, JCB have moved to a totally new level of product development and machine assembly, that will benefit all of our excavator customers in the field.
‘Every detail of these excavators has been examined and perfected, to provide maximum durability and reliability in operation. But more than that, we have made it easier for the operator and for the service technician, reducing downtime for the customer and boosting profitability.
‘The 220X heralds the arrival of a new generation of JCB excavators, that will provide many years of faithful service across the world.’