IQ Excellence Awards Scotland shortlist announced
Institute of Quarrying reveals Scottish finalists in inaugural excellence awards scheme
THE Scottish shortlist for the Institute of Quarrying (IQ) Excellence Awards has been announced today.
Individuals, teams and projects from across the mineral products industry in Scotland will be celebrated at the regional awards ceremony on Saturday 30 November 2019 at the Hilton Glasgow on Williams Street, just north of the River Clyde.
Recognizing the commitment to continuing professional development, the inaugural IQ Awards categories are aligned to the different quadrants of the IQ Skills Wheel.
STANDARDS & PROFESSIONALISM
Health & Safety Individual Excellence
● Brian Binnie, owner, Denfind Stone
● Susie Urquhart, quarry operations manager at Geddes Group
KNOWLEDGE & INNOVATION
Most Effective Process Improvement
● Glensanda Drill & Blast - BAM Ritchies
● Recycling Aggregates - Thompson Recycling & Landfill
ENGAGEMENT, INFLUENCE & IMPACT
Best Community Engagement Project
● Engineering the Future for Girls - BAM Ritchies
● Highland Football League Sponsorship - Breedon Group
● Aberdeen Granite School Project - Breedon Group
● Breedon in the Community Project - Breedon Group
Most Promising Future Leader
● Bartosz Smoczek, assistant quarry manager at Breedon Group
● Diane Housley, assistant quarry manager designate at Leiths (Scotland) Ltd
Sarah Fry, head of membership and marketing at IQ, said: ‘We’re delighted to reveal the shortlist of finalists from north of the border. It’s really great to learn more about the great things that our Scottish colleagues are achieving and to celebrate their successes.
‘We’ll soon have all of our regional winners revealed and then it will be all eyes on the National IQ Awards at Hillhead 2020.’
The IQ Excellence Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements in the mineral products sector across regions in the UK with award presentations taking place in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England.
Each regional award winner automatically goes forward to the national excellence awards to compete for the overall national title in each category, which will take place at Hillhead 2020.
Follow #IQAwards on social or visit: www.quarrying.org