CEMEX creating value through digital transformation
2017 Integrated Report provides insight into creation of value across company’s four strategic pillars
CEMEX have published their 2017 Integrated Report, entitled: ‘Leading Our Industry’s Digital Transformation’.
As CEMEX’s second Integrated Report, it builds on the company’s evolution in reporting, which aims to facilitate a greater understanding of the relationship between its financial and non-financial key performance indicators, including its operating and governance models, and provides a comprehensive insight into how CEMEX are creating value across their four strategic pillars – People, Customers, Markets and Sustainability.
Some of the 2017 Integrated Report’s highlights include the company’s:
- Solid financial results, despite headwinds, and sustained progress toward regaining an investment-grade capital structure
- Focus on leveraging digital technologies to position it at the forefront of the industry through the launch of its fully digital suite of services, CEMEX Go, and its open innovation and corporate venture capital unit, CEMEX Ventures
- Contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, including its high social impact programmes to empower neighboring communities; quarry rehabilitation through Biodiversity Action Plans; and deployment of a robust global carbon emissions reduction strategy, among others
- Commitment to sustainability across its value chain, including the evaluation of its suppliers’ sustainability practices
- Implementation of interconnected health and safety networks, tracks and forums to achieve its worldwide goal of zero injuries.
Fernando A. Gonzalez, chief executive officer of CEMEX, said: ‘Our 2017 Integrated Report underscores our commitment to create value for all of our stakeholders by igniting the digital revolution of our industry. During 2017, we focused on delivering a superior customer experience and integrating sustainability into all aspects of our business, fostering our global leadership in the industry.’