The aggregates market in Great Britain
Newly published report from BDS Marketing Research provides wider perspective on the industry
THE aggregates market in Great Britain is a dynamic environment with primary, recycled and secondary materials all competing in the marketplace. The size and make-up of the industry has changed markedly in recent years as it prepares to deliver 3 billion tonnes of aggregates to the end of the next decade.
Its movement is influenced by many things, including the geopolitical environment, Brexit, sustainability, the planning framework, taxation, government targets for housing and infrastructure delivery.
Routes to market, product mix, end use, producing companies and market shares, landbanks and reserves, regionality of markets, and historical trends and forecasts are all key factors that stakeholders need to be familiar with to get a full perspective on the industry.
To this end, BDS, the leading consultancy in aggregates and associated markets in Great Britain, has published a new report. It updates, and also significantly extends, a survey published in 2015, to cover the following areas:
- Trends in each of the four main products (land and marine sand and gravel, limestone, hardstone and sandstone) since 2000
- Industry structure, operating companies, market shares and developments
- Influence of added-value products, end-use markets and other market factors
- Planning, replenishment and reserves
- Sustainability and routes to market
- Independent industry forecast to 2023
- Impact of recycled and secondary aggregates
- Discussion on future prospects, taxation and geopolitical influence.
BDS publish a suite of reports on a range of sectors within the heavy building materials industry as well as undertaking bespoke research for clients on a confidential basis. For more information on any of these or the new 100-page aggregates market report, contact Andy Sales at BDS Marketing Research Ltd on email: [email protected]; or tel: (01761) 433035.