New Optitooth Premium jaw plates from Sandvik
Redesigned jaw plate offers customers longer wear life and a more sustainable solution
FOLLOWING the success of their Optitooth jaw plate range, Sandvik have launched a brand-new version – Optitooth Premium.
This innovative new offering combines all the benefits of the original Optitooth product but benefits from enhanced quality for longer life and is manufactured with a 70% reduction in CO2 emissions, resulting in a much lower environmental impact.
Initial test results have proven the new Optitooth Premium offering to last up 10% longer than the standard Optitooth offering.
Optitooth jaw plates were designed primarily to increase wear life for customers. Sandvik wanted to deliver a jaw plate which would last longer than the average jaw plate, whilst at the same time bringing with it several benefits to optimize customer productivity and reduce their overall operating costs.
The profile was redesigned so that a higher percentage of the jaw is utilized, resulting in longer wear life and less manganese waste. It was also modified to make it easier to remove, thereby reducing maintenance time/downtime, as well as saving money.
The improved profile brings with it several further benefits which all contribute to improved product shape. The special profile was designed around the production of more cubical material and a reduction in elongated slab material, which can cause blockage issues in secondary cone crushers.
Sandvik say the key customer benefits of Optitooth Premium can be summarized as:
- Longer wear life – average output is increased by more than 30% per hour and wear life increased upwards of 40%*.
- Better fuel economy – in addition to increased wear performance, customers have seen benefits in relation to fuel economy. The improved transfer of material results in lower engine loading with faster material passage through the crushing chamber. Results have proven that up to 15%* less fuel is used.
- Improved product quality – improved design allows for better breakage and material flow, resulting in a more cubical and higher-quality product shape.
- Reduced service time – the unique design makes the plates easier to turn over or replace, saving time and money.
- Increased production – all the above result in increased efficiency and up to 20%* greater productivity.
- A more sustainable solution – Optitooth Premium jaw plates are manufactured with a 70% reduction in CO2 emissions, lowering carbon footprint.
Sandvik also offer several ready-to-order Optitooth kits. These have been designed to simplify servicing and increase maintenance efficiency, to keep the crushing chamber operating optimally. Tailor made, they are designed around the natural usage of the wear parts and offer all the components needed with just one part number.
*In comparison with standard jaw plates