IQ Excellence Awards Northern Ireland shortlist announced
Institute of Quarrying reveals Northern Ireland finalists in inaugural excellence awards scheme
THE Institute of Quarrying (IQ) has today announced the Northern Ireland shortlist for the IQ Excellence Awards.
Hot on the heels of the northern regional winners’ ceremony, the IQ Excellence Awards’ judges have reviewed all submissions and announced its Northern Ireland finalists. The winners will be announced at the annual ‘Stonecrushers Ball’ taking place at the Europa Hotel, Belfast, on Friday 25 October 2019.
Recognizing the commitment to continuing professional development, the inaugural IQ Awards categories are aligned to the different quadrants of the IQ Skills Wheel.
STANDARDS & PROFESSIONALISM
Best Personal Development Project
- Whitemountain (part of Breedon Group) – HR Essential Skills Workshop
- Quinn Building Products – Quinn Safety Hub
KNOWLEDGE & INNOVATION
Most Effective Process Improvement
- Terex Corporation – OMNI: Jobsite Connectivity and Efficiency
- CDE Global Ltd – SmartTech Pilot Study
ENGAGEMENT, INFLUENCE & IMPACT
Most Inspirational Leader
- Gordon Best – MPA Northern Ireland, regional director
- Kieran Hegarty – president, Terex Materials Processing division
Most Promising Future Leader
- Pierce Kirwan – quarry manager, Northstone Materials
- Ryan Reid – graduate mechanical engineer, Roadstone Ltd.
James Thorne, IQ’s chief executive officer and one of the 10 judges, said: ‘The IQ Awards is all about celebrating excellence of individuals, teams and projects in the industry. Congratulations and the very best of luck to all the Northern Ireland finalists.’
The Stonecrushers Ball is an annual highlight for IQ members in Northern Ireland. Anyone interested in attending should contact the event organizer, David Johnston, at: [email protected].
The IQ Excellence Awards celebrate the exceptional achievements in the mineral products sector across regions in the UK with award presentations taking place in Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England.
Each regional award winner automatically goes forward to the national excellence awards to compete for the overall national title in each category, which will take place at Hillhead 2020.
The judging panel for the IQ Excellence Awards is made up of professionals across the mineral products sector:
- Levi Hamilton MIQ – director at Delabole Slate
- Steve Cole FIQ – managing director of Emerald Mineral Development
- Andy Morris FIQ – Chartered mining engineer with more than 49 years’ experience in aggregate and associated industries
- Iain Smith FIQ – regional health, safety and environmental manager at Tarmac
- Wayne Darwin MIQ – assurance and governance manager at Tarmac
- Katie Barrett Associate – national skills and safety park trainer, Tarmac
- Colin Mew FIQ – HM Principal Inspector at the Health and Safety Executive
- Dr Rob Donnelly FIQ – former senior lecturer and programme leader at the University of Derby Centre for Mineral Products
- James Thorne – IQ chief executive officer
- Julian Smallshaw – IQ head of education and standards.
Follow #IQAwards on social or visit: www.quarrying.org