Hanson continue to meet the gold standard
Company awarded Gold membership of The 5% Club for work-based training for second year running
HANSON have been awarded gold membership of The 5% Club, through their accredited employer audit scheme, for the second year running.
The award demonstrates the company’s proven commitment to investing in its workforce through a broad range of ‘earn and learn’ programmes such as apprenticeships and its graduate programme.
Hanson’s HR director, Clare Mayo, said: ‘We are delighted to have retained our gold membership of The 5% Club and are proud of the number of ‘earn and learn’ roles we offer.
‘These bring fresh talent and diverse perspectives to our organization and help support and educate our workforce so they can fulfil their career ambitions.’
The 5% Club has more than 750 members, all of whom are committed to taking positive action for increased, inclusive, and accessible workplace training for all. As a member Hanson are:
- Committed to helping the country’s growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing our people as both a business and social imperative
- Playing our part in addressing youth unemployment and the skills shortage
- Pledging to work toward having a minimum 5% of our UK workforce enrolled on formalized apprentice, sponsored student, and/or graduate development schemes within five years
- Measuring and reporting on our progress annually against the above metric in our Corporate Social Responsibility section of our Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document
- Committed to encouraging other businesses to participate in the campaign.