EMP accredited to deliver new qualifications
EMP Awarding Body Ltd, the awarding body specifically set up by the extractive and mineral processing industries, is now offering a range of new National and Scottish Vocational Qualifications (N/SVQs), having gained accreditation from the regulators.
The new qualifications are:
- Plant Operations (Extractives): N/SVQ Level 2
- Processing Operations for the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries: N/SVQ at levels 1, 2 and 3
- Drilling Operations (Extractives): NVQ Level 2
- Blasting Operations: NVQ Level 3
- Roadbuilding (Construction): N/SVQ Level 2
- Highways Maintenance (Construction): N/SVQ Level 2
The qualifications have been developed over the last two years to meet the specific needs of the extractive and mineral processing industries, and are appropriate for both staff development and demonstrating employee competence. The Plant Operations (Extractives) and Processing Operations for the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries N/SVQs, in particular, offer greater flexibility and wider opportunities to fully accredit operator competence.
EMP Awarding Body will also continue to offer the extractive and mineral processing industries specific health, safety and environmental management NVQs. So far over 800 industry managers and supervisors have registered for one of the six qualifications in the suite, of which over 130 have already achieved an NVQ.
For further information contact: EMP Awarding Body Ltd, Alban Row, 27–31 Verulam Road, St Albans AL3 4DG; tel: (0870) 850 2253.