OP01 - Control Of Design
What is this?
This is a written procedure that outlines what is required to ensure that any building, structure or site design is carried out in a manner which is least environmentally damaging. A PDF of the procedure is available to download (see attached), please use it in conjunction with the associated documentation mentioned below.
What does the responsible manager need to do?
The responsible manager must ensure that:
- When new facilities (including site developments, quarry workings, buildings or structures) are being designed, the design work takes into consideration the general setting and landscape of its surroundings
- Any such design work is carried out ensuring that the resulting facility has minimal environmental impacts, so far as is reasonably practicable
- Any proposed design work complies with all relevant environmental legislation (including planning requirements)
- They appoint a competent independent consultant to assist in the management of any proposed design work
- The independent consultant is included within the EMS structure chart.
Note: The managing director will have overall responsibility for approving any design work.
- Environmental Policy
- Structure Chart
- Operational Control
This workplace procedure forms part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) that enables all personnel working for the company, whether directly or indirectly, to carry out their duties in a manner which will preserve the environment around them and ensure that the policy statement of the company is adhered to. The procedures can be viewed here.