EP12 - Provision, Monitoring And Review Of Resources
What is this?
This is a written procedure that outlines how to provide, monitor and review resources relevant to the EMS. A PDF of the procedure is available to download (see attached), please use it in conjunction with the associated documentation mentioned below.
What does the managing director need to do?
The managing director must ensure that:
- Sufficient resources are made available to establish, implement, maintain and improve the environmental performance of the business. These resources will comprise of financial support, manpower, equipment and time
- These resources are integrated into the annual budget.
Note: The provision of resources may be discussed at the annual EMS review meeting.
What does the responsible manager need to do?
The responsible manager must ensure that:
- The resources provided by the managing director are used appropriately with the overall objective being to maintain and improve the company’s environmental performance
- Sufficient suitably qualified and/or experienced people are appointed to manage the company’s environmental responsibilities
- All persons with environmental responsibilities are given sufficient time during their hours of work to carry out their duties in accordance with the requirements of the EMS
- All employees (and contractors) receive regular information and training on the environmental requirements of the company
- Sufficient, suitable plant and equipment is available for employees, and maintained to an appropriate standard
- Continuous monitoring and review is undertaken to measure the effectiveness of the resources.
What do employees have to do?
Employees must ensure that:
- They use all plant and equipment provided to them appropriately
- They report any concerns regarding the effectiveness of the current resources to the responsible manager immediately.
- Structure, Responsibilities and Resources
- Training, Awareness and Competence
- EP01 – Designation of Environmental Responsibilities
- EP11 – Training Personnel
- EP16 – EMS Annual Review
This workplace procedure forms part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) that enables all personnel working for the company, whether directly or indirectly, to carry out their duties in a manner which will preserve the environment around them and ensure that the policy statement of the company is adhered to. The procedures can be viewed here.