EP09 - Operational Control
What is this?
This is a written procedure that outlines what is required to identify the operations and activities that are associated with the significant environmental aspects and impacts, in line with the environmental policy, targets and objectives.
These activities will be planned and suitably prepared to cover all aspects of the company’s operations including maintenance and emergency situations.
A PDF of the procedure is available to download (see attached), please use it in conjunction with the associated documentation mentioned below.
What does the responsible manager need to do?
The responsible manager must ensure that:
- Operational procedures for all aspects of the company’s activities are prepared
- All manual holders have been issued with copies and are aware of their responsibilities to ensure they remain effective
- A periodic review, update and revision of any component parts of the operating procedures takes place at intervals of no longer than two years
- All aspects of the company’s operations will have procedures to cover the actions which should be taken in the event of any deviations from the environmental policy, targets, objectives or any legislative requirements.
What do employees have to do?
Employees must ensure that:
- They adhere to all operational controls that are introduced by the company
- They report any defects, damages or any other significant changes on site to the responsible manager immediately.
- Operational Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Operational Procedures
- Emergency Procedures
This workplace procedure forms part of an Environmental Management System (EMS) that enables all personnel working for the company, whether directly or indirectly, to carry out their duties in a manner which will preserve the environment around them and ensure that the policy statement of the company is adhered to. The procedures can be viewed here.