Works Manager - Dimensional Stone, Derbyshire
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Birchover Stone Ltd seek to appoint a Works Manager for their dimensional stone production plant attached to a working quarry in the Peak District National Park.
- Manage the day to day dimensional stone production
- Determine and manage maintenance activities to maximise production levels and minimise downtime
- Monitor the production output
- Overall responsibility for production and quality standards
- Implementation of the company’s health and safety policies and promotion of a strong safety culture
- Ensure high environmental standards are achieved and compliance with planning conditions
- Liaise with quarry operations and marketing staff on production planning
- Promote the business with existing and potential customers and their representatives
- Experience in an operational management position within the stone industry
- Ability to drive change and process improvement
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Knowledge of the Quarries Regulations, to hold the 8(1)(d) appointment for the dimensional stone production plant
- Knowledge of CNC stone cutting technology would be advantageous
A competitive salary package commensurate with experience is negotiable.
If you are interested please submit your CV to: [email protected]