Underground Quarry Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Hartham Park Underground Quarry in Corsham, Wiltshire, is the oldest operational Bath Stone quarry in the country, dating back to 1810, and is part of Lovell Stone Group, a growing family-owned company which operates six quarries across the South West. We have a unique opportunity for an Underground Quarry Manager to lead the experienced team at Hartham Park.
The Underground Quarry Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and work in close partnership with the Command Supervisor. The successful candidate will have mineral extractives experience, excellent organisational and management skills, geotechnical knowledge and a strong understanding of all aspects of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation. In addition, the successful candidate will have had proven appointed QR99 Reg 8.1c appointment (or similar) responsibilities.
The role will suit a self-motivated organised individual and you will have the opportunity to develop the scope of the role within the Company. You’ll work alongside the highly experienced, specialist team and be willing to learn and develop your wider operational knowledge of our Underground operations. Excellent communication and team management/leadership skills are essential.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the Safety Management System
- be responsible for staff development, training &management
- be responsible for maintenance & engineering
- be required to develop a thorough understanding of the 2014 mine regulations
- ensure compliance with the statutory regulations
- manage the general site business administration
- develop and maintain office procedures
- manage the budgets and cost centres
- maintain up-to-date records and checklists
- liaise with the management team, wider group support functions and commercial teams in Lovell Stone Group.
Essential Requirements/Skills/Qualifications for the role:
- Quarrying or relevant mineral extractives experience
- QR99 Reg 8.1c experience/appointment
- NEBOSH, IOSH or SHE NVQ 4
- Geotechnical knowledge or qualifications
- Awareness and experience of current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
- Management and/or team leadership experience
- Commercial awareness and business skills
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Teams/Word/Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the Quarries Regulation 1999 and ACOP
- Monday to Friday (some degree of flexibility in working hours will be required to meet operational demands)
- £40 - £50k (DOE)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- Relocation package support may also be considered
Interested candidates to send applications to Kelly Fenech - [email protected]