Trainee Quarry Manager - Swindon
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Hills Quarry Products Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Quarry Manager to join the team and develop within the business.
The role will encompass an understanding of how the entire Quarry Products Division works and allow the successful applicant to gain the practical, technical and fiscal background, to help them develop going forward.
The successful candidate will be expected to work at one or more of the quarry operations for a period of time, usually one to two years; to gain valuable knowledge from the people currently employed within the Division. This will provide a firm practical, technical and fiscal background to help development going forward.
- To undertake formal training, specifically related to the operation of a quarry, to gain as much experience as possible on all aspects associated with current modern day operations, from health & safety, mineral processing, archaeology, restoration and the environment
- To be trained on mobile plant and attain the Level 2 Diploma in Plant Operations – Extractive
- To provide operational support to the HQP Ltd sites, both quarry and concrete operations, as and when needed, in various aspects of the business
- To assist the Divisional Director in the preparation and management of the various systems, adopted by the Division, for data collection
- To attend Health and Safety Management meetings as required
Applicants will ideally be degree educated or have successfully completed A Levels and have an aptitude for completing a degree course. You must be interested in a career within a quarry environment and operations management.
In order to be successful, you will need to be a creative thinker, an effective communicator and a strong team player. The ability to work independently and to function within a fast-paced, diverse working environment will be essential, along with an excellent work ethic and the willingness to get ‘stuck in’. Candidates must also be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
A full driving licence and own transport are essential, with a flexible attitude to travel to all relevant Hills sites.
Please email your CV to [email protected] or contact the Hills recruitment hotline on 01793 781199 for an application pack quoting the relevant Vacancy Reference HGL1017.
The Hills group is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.