Site Manager - Nottinghamshire
Tarmac have an exciting new opportunity at their Newark Aggregate Block factory for a Site Manager.
We believe our people are our business and we offer excellent training, career development and the opportunity for you to develop skills, experience and knowledge in a forward thinking company.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Site Manager, you will have the ability to effectively motivate your team and be able to drive a culture of health and safety within your site. You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong P&L responsibility
- Proven record in motivating teams to perform at consistently high levels
- Experience of implementing CI activity in a manufacturing environment.
- Change management Experience
- People management
What will I be responsible for?
Working alongside our Operations Manager, the successful Site Manager will contribute to the development of the plants strategy for growth. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Ensuring health & safety standards compliance at all times with a focus on improvement on accidents and incidents for the site as well as continually embedding a positive safety culture that is evident across the site.
- Delivering a highly skilled, fit for purpose, highly motivated and versatile team to ensure business continuity and reduce business risk. Decide staffing and resource allocation within the site.
- Leading and sustaining change through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Fully implementing and sustaining the 5S process and culture.
- Ensuring consistent or better than budget/forecast throughout, quality and cost performance, volume versus plan, cost per unit, yield against standard, control fixed and variable costs
- Supporting the sales team in developing local customer relationships and achieving customer service targets. Maintaining disciplined stock management processes that provide accurate inventories and accurate and efficient despatch as part of agreed service levels.
- Providing operational reports on site performance.
To learn more about this opportunity and how you can build our future, visit tarmaccareers.com/jobs/4473/