Orica UK Ltd is seeking a Shotfirer based at our Dove Holes customer site. To assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosive delivery to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times. Working closely with Bench Assistants and MMU Operators on site, managing all tasks associated with loading, tying and firing. Travel within the UK will be required.
- Complying with the requirements of the Orica Safety Charter, Operating procedures and standards.
- Maintaining the Safety Culture by conducting all business activities with regard Orica’s Charter.
- Be prepared to speak up and challenge all and any unsafe working methods or practices by anyone.
- Undertake all and any necessary training for Operations, SHEC and site specific requirements.
- Assisting in the management of Audit actions.
- Ensuring minimum damage to the environment through waste minimisation and control.
- Ensure raw materials and dangerous goods are used, handled and stored according to requirements of the SDS.
- Assisting the client in achieving targets and maintaining production.
- Shotfirers licence
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods
- Heavy industry preferably mining experience
- Strong product knowledge
- Demonstrate a bias to working in a team-oriented fashion, supporting other’s success.
Please apply using the link below:
Closing date: 28th February 2019.