RMX & Quarrying Operations Manager - North England
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants, around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
We are currently seeking an Area Operations Manager, based in our North England area of Breedon Southern. Reporting to the General Manager you will lead the Concrete and Quarry operations team to maximise the operational performance within the area by managing people, costs and standards, whilst adhering to the health, safety, quality and environmental policies. You will be an integral part of the area management team to help drive business performance.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring SHE compliance within the area.
- Managing & coaching direct reports to continually improve operational performance & standards.
- Managing operational costs and site action plans
- Driving operational performance through KPI’s
- Ensuring that direct reports undertake their roles competently, that their roles are clearly defined and understood and that all are motivated and developed to achieve the business’s objectives.
- Developing and driving implementation of cost saving action plans
- Identification and management of capital investment opportunities and project delivery
- Recommend and lead investment opportunities.
- Operational link to the Business support functions
You will possess an NVQ Level 4 / QCF Level 5 or be a Charted Engineer with relevant continual professional development. It is essential that you have operational management experience in RMX and Quarrying operations.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including company car, private medical insurance, pension and life assurance.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.breedongroup.com/careers
Breedon Group plc is an equal opportunity employer