Research Director - Designate
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- £45-65k depending on experience + bonus scheme + Benefits
BDS Marketing Research is an innovative market research consultancy specialising in the construction materials and waste sectors.
Originally established in 1989, BDS undertakes the full range of marketing projects for clients. These include commercial due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, analysis and research of markets, prices and competitors, business expansion and product development.
BDS has also developed a strong reputation for its portfolio of publicly available industry reports. Amongst these are annual estimated outputs and market shares for key sectors including aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, concrete products and cement. In addition, BDS publish individual specialist surveys, sector reviews and analysis on a periodic basis.
BDS also monitors planning activity on a continuous basis across all of the planning authorities in Great Britain & Ireland. Companies can subscribe to this information through an online portal that provides monthly updates.
BDS is highly regarded for its industry knowledge, expertise and reporting output achieved through 30 years of working with clients and meeting their requirements
The role is focussed on the management, analysis and interpretation of multiple threads of data, many of which overlap. At a task level it requires significant focus on detail and accuracy and the ability to manage the ownership of all data on an ongoing basis.
The role requires the ability to present this data in a selective, structured, coherent and readable reporting style to meet the needs of clients in the industry and its observers.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in a marketing or research context, proven analytical skills and an ability to work well as part of a small company environment. They will also need to demonstrate a high level of initiative and be capable of responding flexibly to a wide range of research tasks.
- Communication with clients to understand and document project objectives
- Control of a publication schedule to ensure industry reports are published on time
- Designing qualitative and quantitative research plans and materials
- Management of researcher workload and recruitment
- Interpretation of data, writing reports, and making actionable recommendations
- Ensuring projects are resourced and implemented correctly within budget
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Management and development of client relationships to maximize opportunities for growth
- Accuracy of written work and data management
- Monitoring relevant industry news, events and activities
- Marketing of BDS products & services.
- Minimum of 3 years in marketing, research or commercial functions
- Minimum of 3 years in industrial markets, ideally in the aggregates, heavy building materials or related sectors
- To have had experience of achieving sales targets and controlling costs.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Contributory pension plan
- Private health insurance
- 25 days holiday
Apply to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Tuesday 3 September 2019