Ready Mix Plant Manager - South West England
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
A vacancy has arisen for a Ready-Mix Plant Manager due to the upcoming retirement of a long-standing member of the Team. Responsibilities will include, managing the performance of the plant, operatives and drivers. Creating sales opportunities, managing continuous SHE improvements with overall profit responsibility for the site. You will be working as part of our Somerset Concrete division. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive family company.
S Morris Ltd is a private family owned independent company with over 75 years of history. We are a leading supplier of ready mix concrete and concrete products to the construction industry in the Somerset, Devon, Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire markets.
- Compliance with all statutory legislation, company regulations and driving continuous improvements in SHE performance and culture.
- Plant performance, managing all operational matters to ensure the plant is running as efficiently as possible to achieve strategic, operational and financial objectives.
- General administration, routine maintenance planning, maintaining excellent housekeeping standards, supervising contractors and hauliers to ensure this site is operated to our quality scheme criteria.
- You will be tasked with achieving sales, service and price targets in a very competitive and price sensitive industry without compromising on customer service.
- Work with the Technical Manager to ensure the highest quality levels are achieved.
- Ensure your operational team is adequately resourced and that all personnel are trained and developed to become highly competent in their roles.
Skills and experience: To be considered for this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience in sales, management and production disciplines in the construction materials industry.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership and experience of managing and developing teams.
- You will need to be an effective communicator both written and verbally with all levels of the organisation, as well as customers and suppliers.
- Able to demonstrate a sales background gained within the cement, aggregates, RMC and building products business.
- You will ideally hold a NVQ Level 4 in SHE at a ready mix, quarry or similar operation. NEBOSH and IOSH are an advantage but training will be given to the right candidate.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of basic computer software such as Microsoft Office and current knowledge and willingness to learn and develop your understanding of ready mix software.
What’s on offer?
The salary will be negotiable and will be dependent on experience. A bonus scheme, company car and pension contributions to be agreed.
This is an excellent opportunity to run a small business in the South West of England. If you enjoy a challenge and want to work in an invigorating independent environment where you will feel part of a fantastic team then please apply with a CV and covering letter to: Mr Doug Barrowman at [email protected]
Closing Date 5-1-2018