Quarry Supervisor - Devon
Imerys Minerals Ltd has the opportunity to appoint a Quarry Supervisor to be based at our site at Heathfield, Newton Abbot, Devon.
Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our employees around the globe can thrive.
The successful applicant will:
- Supervise and co-ordinate all aspects of the production activities across the Devon Ball Clays Pits ensuring that EHS, market, quality, consistency and volume requirements, as well as promptness of dispatch, are met
- All of the above to be met in accordance with all statutory legislation and company rules, within budget and whilst striving for continuous improvements leading to reduced costs and improved service levels.
Applications are invited from applicants who:
- Are educated to the relevant standard (BSc in Mining Engineering, BTEC HND in Mining Engineering, Diploma in Quarry Technology or equivalent)
- Hold a recognised Health, Safety & Environmental Management qualification in the Extractive & Minerals Processing industries (NVQ 3 or 4) or similar
- Have practical and proven knowledge and experience of continuous improvement of EHS standards within mining and processing activities
- Have proven knowledge and experience of working under UK Quarries legislation 1999
- Have proven supervisory experience
- Have proven ability to manage the financial aspects of the role including budgeting, cost control and capital expenditure
- Have some experience of short, medium and long term mine planning
- Have a technical understanding of how Geology and processes affect quality.
Further enquiries to [email protected]
To apply please go to www.imerys.com, or click Apply with Linkedin button.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th May 2019.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.
We will only contact shortlisted candidates.