Quarry Operations Manager - Bardon Hill
Sorry, applications for this position have now closed.
- Permanent, Full time
- Salary: Competitive with benefits
We have a rare opportunity for a senior operations leader to join the business and lead our flagship Bardon Hill Quarry in Leicestershire during an extremely exciting time for the future of the site. As an ambassador for the business you will be accountable for driving success and best practice across the site, ensuring that all budgetary, production and compliance targets are surpassed in order to satisfy customer demand.
Reporting to the Regional Director, this is a high profile and strategically important role for Aggregate Industries and provides an exciting platform for a results focused leader looking to showcase their ability to drive top line growth and continuous improvement.
Key Responsibilities include
- Hold the statutory 8(1)(c) appointment as required by the Quarry regulations
- Implement and ensure compliance of all Health & Safety, Environmental and site specific policies to safeguard the welfare of all personnel on site
- Lead the integration of all on-site teams into the new quarry extension
- Oversee all quarry operations ensuring they are carried out in accordance with relevant geotechnical assessments and quarry design plans
- Determine and manage all planned preventative maintenance activities on site in order to maximise production levels and minimise plant downtime
- Identify and nurture key talent and develop strong future team succession across all levels of the site
- Build strong levels of engagement on site to foster harmonious relationships and ways of working
- Represent the site and company within the local community ensuring strong relationships are built and maintained with our neighbours
What will you bring?
- Comprehensive understanding of the Quarry Regulations, statutory Health & Safety principles and employment legislation
- Detailed knowledge of shot-firing and blasting procedures coupled with a good understanding of geological factors in quarry design and development
- Proven ability to drive continual change and process improvement in order to enhance business performance
- Stakeholder Management at Exec/Senior level coupled with the ability to lead and manage teams
- Experience in managing budgets with the ability to put in place and maintain full and rigorous financial controls
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with others
- Proven track record in nurturing talent and developing individuals within an organisation
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in.
LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
To apply for this role please click here.