Quarry Manager - Oxfordshire
- New Barn Farm, Cholsey, Oxfordshire
An exciting opportunity for a self-motivated manager to lead the new quarry in our Sand & Gravel business in South Oxfordshire
Cholsey Quarry is a major new development for Grundon, Britain’s largest privately-owned waste management and aggregate company, enabling us to extract sand and gravel from 66 acres of land in the Wallingford area - and, with 5+ years’ experience within the aggregates/quarrying industries in a managerial role under your belt, you could be with us from the outset.
You'll oversee the day-to-day operation of the quarry, leading and motivating the team that you will help to recruit, and ensuring the site runs safely and efficiently. Managing day-to-day issues that may arise relating to maintenance, throughputs and breakdowns are also part of your remit.
What are we looking for in you?
- You hold a QCF level 6 or equivalent in extractive and mineral processing industries (SHE Award), or are willing to work towards the qualification
- A COTC (or willingness to work towards)
- Strong leadership, managerial and motivational skills
- Confident and effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Computer and IT literate, with good numerical skills; you’re efficient at budgeting and running reports
What are the hours?
6.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday - 45 hours per week, though flexibility is essential.
What are the benefits & perks?
A company car or van will form part of the package – you must hold a full driving licence and live within 40 miles of Cholsey, or be willing to relocate. The role also attracts a competitive salary and benefits, including: discretionary bonus, payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits; pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day (you contribute 5% of pay – true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief – and Grundon matches this); option to purchase additional holiday (after a qualifying period).