Quarry Manager - North Lincolnshire
Sorry, applications for this position have now closed
Singleton Birch Ltd is the UK’s leading independent lime supplier, with a worldwide customer base. Our product range includes quicklime, hydrated lime, natural hydraulic lime, graded chalk, aggregates and other specialist products and services.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quarry Manager to take responsibility for the day to day operations of the site; reporting to the Production Manager you will specifically focus on leading a team of operational staff focusing on delivering exceptional SHE standards and meeting financial and operational targets.
You will have the following principal skills and qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills with a hands-on approach
- 8.1.C responsibility’s within the quarry
- A clear understanding of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Previous practical experience in all aspects of quarrying operations from extraction to restoration
- A SHE NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- Experience with drilling and blasting operations
- Good understanding of plant and machinery, including maintenance planning
- Previous experience in an operational or supervisory role is essential.
Some key responsibilities:
- Support the culture of health and safety
- Co-ordinating all aspects of day to day operation of the quarry through the Supervisors and team of operatives
- Work closely with maintenance team to coordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- Carry out and record daily safety briefings, weekly health and safety inspections for the site
- Liaise with the sales team regarding delivery and quality issues
- Ensure all staff and contractors working on site are fully inducted and comply with the business standards and policies.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Phil Sheldon, Singleton Birch Ltd, Melton Ross Quarries, Barnetby, North Lincolnshire, DN38 6AE
Tel: 01652 686000