Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
G D Harries is a leading aggregates company based in West Wales, offering an exceptional service within the construction industry, operating from nine sites at our quarries, concrete and asphalt plants. In 2020, the company underwent a change of ownership, and now sits within the family of firms at Sigma-Roc Ltd.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Quarry Manager to run our Bolton Hill Quarry in Haverfordwest.
Reporting to the Area Quarrying Manager, you will have extensive experience of leading a team where Health and Safety and Operational Excellence drive everything you do. You will have great people skills, and be able to demonstrate a history of impactful continuous improvement in operations you have led.
‘Must Have’ Skills/Experience
You will be comfortable driving the business at an operational level in order to drive daily operational and quality standards and help to shape the strategic direction of the operations you lead. You will also have experience of managing your operations financial performance in the context on an annual budget.
- Technical knowledge of fixed and mobile quarry plant, quarrying operations, extraction and restoration.
- An understanding of engineering and statutory responsibilities, including H&S and environmental legislation.
- Hold, or work towards full QR99 Reg 8.1c responsibilities within two years of joining the business.
- Completed an NVQ Level 4 / QCF Level 5 in Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Extractives, or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of the Quarries Regulation 1999 and ACOP
- An NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Plant Operations and competency qualification for operating quarry plant.
- Competitive salary (DOE), an L&D plan, matching salary increases to achievement of your qualifications and delivery of operational improvements
Benefits include a company pension scheme, car allowance, enhanced company sick pay and holiday entitlement, enhanced family friendly leave, private medical health insurance, life insurance scheme, an opportunity to invest in our share incentive scheme.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]