Quarry Manager - Dalhousie Quarry
Sorry, applications for this position have closed.
Tillicoultry Quarries Ltd is a successful family owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt and ready-mixed concrete to the building and road construction industry throughout Central Scotland.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quarry Manager who will be based at our Sand and Gravel Quarry in Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith.
Reporting to the area manager the successful candidate will hold full QR99 Reg 8.1c responsibilities.
The role will suit a self-motivated individual with the ability to manage and organise staff and demonstrate an understanding of engineering and legislation.
You will be customer focused, ensuring service and quality standards are met and maintained whilst performance is maximised. You will be a team player and be committed to delivering our company values.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience managing and leading teams.
- Excellent awareness of current Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Completed, or be working towards, a SHE NVQ Level 4 or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of Quarry Regulations 1999 and ACOP.
- A good understanding of plant and machinery, including maintenance planning.
Previous practical experience in all aspects of sand and gravel quarrying operations from extraction to restoration would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business. We offer a competitive remuneration package and excellent training and development opportunities.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to: [email protected]