Quarries and Extractives Manager - Cheshire
Sorry, applications for this position have now closed
- Fixed 2-year contract
- Chelford, Cheshire
Founded in 1872 in Belgium, Sibelco has grown into a truly multinational business, today operating over 250 production sites in 41 countries, with a team of around 10,000 people generating sales of €2 billion.
As a leading provider of industrial minerals we transform natural raw materials into quality products that bring value to customers across a wide range of industries.
You will report to the Site Manager and support the existing site management team. The role is site based and will suit a practical person who has the ability to work within a dynamic arena.
The role’s key accountabilities will primarily involve:
- Implementation of the extraction and restoration plan using a variety of information sources
- Managing mineral extraction and restoration of land in a safe and productive manner
Essentially for this role you will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience with the quarrying and extractives industry preferably within sand operations
- Have experience managing large scale earthworks including extraction, restoration and management of earthworks contractors
- Have the ability to plan forward and visualise objectives
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Managing the activities of a large scale earth works contract
- Monitoring performance of earth works contract through a series of KPIs
- Providing the link between extraction and processing requirements
- Hold a minimum SHE NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- Have relevant geotechnical experience and ability to demonstrate competence in this area
- Be willing to work as part of a management team
- Be motivated to provide a safe and efficient working environment
For more information about Sibelco, please visit www.sibelco.eu
If you are interested, please send in a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to: Sally Cantello, Human Resources Advisor UK, Brookside Hall, Congleton Road, Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 4TF or email: [email protected]
Job Description available on request.
Closing date: Thursday, 30th November 2017.