Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Leiths (Scotland) Ltd is a family owned group of companies, primarily engaged in quarry operations supported by a civil engineering and surfacing division. The organisation is complemented by a number of subsidiary businesses including Joss (Aberdeen) Ltd, A Ross & Sons, Fyfe Glenrock, Lawrie Demolition, Markon and Leiths (Central) Ltd. The group has expanded in recent years to become one of the largest independent companies operating in the sector throughout Scotland. Today, the company employs over 520 people with a turnover approaching £70 million.
We currently have a vacancy for a Quality Manager to join our Technical Team at our Central Laboratory in Cove, Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Technical Manager this is an exciting position for a skilled, confident individual to participate in the success of one of Scotland’s largest privately-owned quarrying and civil engineering businesses by operating and maintaining the Quality Management System for a series of UKAS accredited laboratories.
The skills and experience required for this position are:
- Experience in operation and maintenance of Quality Management Systems in an ISO/IEC 17025 testing environment
- Ideally a scientific degree and background in construction materials testing.
- Good understanding of UKAS and related British Test Standards
- Experience to provide training and coaching in the principals of quality management to both new and existing staff
- Proven knowledge and experience of scheduling and performing audits
- Ability to investigate, review and draw conclusions in support of continual improvement activities
- Ability to challenge and drive quality/compliance culture forward
- Self-motivated with a hands-on approach to work
- Professionalism in dealing with customers and colleagues
- Valid drivers licence
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a diverse and progressive Company who regard people as their most valuable asset.
To download an application form and view our other vacancies please visit www.leiths-group.co.uk.
Please forward your application form to: Nichola Greig, HR Department, Leiths (Scotland) Ltd, Rigifa, Cove, Aberdeen, AB12 3LR or by email to [email protected]
The closing date for all applications is 29th February 2020.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits which include training & development with opportunity for personal promotion within this diverse organisation. Should accommodation be required on commencement of employment, this can be provided for a limited time.
Leiths (Scotland) Ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer