Plant Operator/Handyperson - Falkland Islands
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. The Falkland Islands Government is offering an exciting opportunity for those who would like to live and contribute to this friendly community which benefits from unique wildlife, negligible pollution, low crime rates, the absence of traffic jams, a varied social calendar and enjoys the close proximity of South America and Antarctica as holiday destinations.
Based in our busy and well established Quarry/Asphalt plant, the postholder will be required to carry out duties as directed by the foreman to enable the efficient operation of Pony’s Pass Quarry in line with FIG targets and plans for the manufacture of quality controlled crushed aggregates.
- Operate all plant and equipment on site as required and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Undertake daily routine operator maintenance.
- Ensure the work area is maintained in a clean and tidy condition, to allow effective inspection of moving parts and machines on a daily basis.
- Promptly bring to the attention of the Foreman, any defect which might adversely affect the operation of the equipment or which could result in downtime.
- Assist in the inspection, repair and maintenance duties of all plant and equipment as necessary.
- Comply with any work instructions given in the pursuit of health and safety or quality control.
- Learn new skills needed to carry out the job with the maximum effectiveness and to attend training courses as and when required.
- Undertake other specific tasks as reasonably requested by the foreman.
The post will be for a period of two years in the first instance.
The work may require the persons to work considerable amounts of overtime, including weekend work. The work may be undertaken in all weather conditions and the post holder should expect to get dirty. Much of the work is undertaken with general rather than close up supervision.
Basic salary ranges from £17,321 per annum to £22,890 per annum depending on qualifications and experience. This is based on a 37.5 hour week. Anything above this is at time and half. Paid holidays are also available.
Download a full job description and application form by visiting www.fig.gov.fk and clicking on Human Resources then Vacancies, or contact our Recruitment Officer by emailing: [email protected] or calling (+500) 27421.
To apply: Send your application form and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to [email protected] by no later than 4.30 pm on 30 November 2017.
Further information about the Falkland Islands can be found by visiting our website at www.falklands.gov.fk