Plant Manager - Cornwall
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
With over 250 years of mining history, Cornwall and Devon remains one of the largest Kaolin production areas worldwide in which Imerys is the main player. The UK Platform extracts more than 12 million tonnes annually creating hundreds of thousands of tonnes of feed for the refiners and aggregate feed materials. Trebal is one of three UK Kaolin refining sites and processes in excess of 400kt of products per annum, all quality controlled to ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Classification and enhancement of the raw kaolin material is achieved through the extensive use of high speed centrifuges, media grinders, cryogenic magnet and reductive/oxidative bleaching.
The purpose of the role is to manage Trebal Refiner towards:
- Zero lost time accidents, no significant environment incidents, in full compliance with UK Environment, Health and Safety regulations and Imerys standards.
- Production on time and at specified quality in required volumes for sales/inventory, at minimum and sustainable costs.
- Efficiency, assets and labour optimisation.
- Continuous improvement of production processes and organisation.
Applicants will be able to meet the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- To hold or be willing to gain Safety, Health and Environment NVQ4/Level 6 Diploma QCF qualification or similar.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working under UK Safety, Health and Environmental legislation.
- Extensive & proven experience in management of operations within the mineral processing industry and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Project Management experience would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in leading, managing, developing and motivating employees.
- Proven ability to manage financial aspects of the role including budgeting, cost control and capital expenditure.
- Proven ability to make dynamic decisions under pressure.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office and other IT skills including use of an ERP management information system.
A full job description and person specification is available on request to Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner by emailing [email protected]
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure.
To apply please go to www.imerys.com, go the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, find the vacancy, click Apply button or click Apply with Linkedin button.
The closing date for applications is 29th March 2019. Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.