Operations and Supply Chain Director
Sorry, applications for this position have now closed.
- Based In South East England
- Competitive Salary plus Benefits
The Brett Group is an independent business which specialise in the supply of construction materials and services. Based in the southeast, the Group has become a substantial business through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Part of the Brett Group of Companies, Brett Aggregates supplies sand and gravel, crushed rock sub-bases and coated products extracted from both land-based and marine sources.
With extensive reserves, our market position is also reinforced by a number of strategic wharves in and around the southeast area ensuring consistent supply to major contacts as well as regular customers.
With a reputation for excellence, we offer superb development opportunities to people keen to be a part of our continued growth. As an independent business, we can offer real job satisfaction in an environment that enables you to focus on our customers, encourages you to contribute, supports you in getting the job done and rewards the continuous improvement of how we do business.
This key role carries significant influence in how the future of the business is shaped. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be an integral part of the senior team; you will be given the autonomy to set direction, lead the operational strategy and steer the culture of the business. You will be responsible for:
- Promoting a Health and Safety focused organisation striving for zero harm to all employees, contractors and all stakeholders
- Leading the operational activities and strategy for all quarries, wharves, railheads, recycling and landfill operations within Brett Aggregates
- Developing a strong Operations Team, invest in training and succession in line with Brett Values
- Operating efficient, cost effective production units and lowest cost supply chain whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders, customers, and suppliers and representing the Company within the industry.
- Proven track record in successful leadership with a strong Health and Safety ethos
- Previous experience in a similar senior role gained within the aggregate or related industry
- Experience in developing an operational improvement strategy incorporating best industry practices for continuous improvement and operational excellence
- A first class communicator, collaborator and networker with a strong customer focus
- To be innovative with the ability to manage change
- Sound financial acumen and IT competence.
To apply please send a CV with covering details to: [email protected]
Closing date: 17th December 2019
Brett Group operates an Equal Opportunities Policy