Mines Manager - Cornwall
Imerys Minerals Ltd has the opportunity to appoint a Mines Manager to be based in St Austell, Cornwall.
With over 250 years of mining history, Cornwall and Devon remains one of the largest Kaolin production areas worldwide in which Imerys is the main player. The Central Area Mines extract more than 3 million tonnes annually creating hundreds of thousands of tonnes of feed for the refiners and aggregate feed materials. Central Area comprises two main mining areas; Littlejohns and Wheal Martyn Pit, plus, additional areas at Highermoor, Great Longstone and Lower Longstone.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Manager the purpose of the Mines Manager is to:
- Manage the Central Area mining production of the UK Platform (UKP) under quarries legislation, safely meeting the required tonnage, quality and production costs and ensure sustainable operation as per long term mine plans.
- Lead and continuously improve Environmental, Health and Safety standards within Mining operations. Appointed 8(1)(c) under the Quarries Regulations 1999 for the Central Area mines.
- Deliver the most cost effective mining operations to the business at all times by optimising productivity of production and mobile plant assets and resources and adhering to the short term mine plan.
- Drive the long term strategy of the pit, targeting the optimal balance between volume of reserves, quality and production cost in accordance with internal costumers and technical services team.
Applications are invited from applicants who have:
- Educated to relevant degree standard (BSc or BTEC HND in Mining Engineering, Diploma in Technology or equivalent.
- To hold Safety, Health & Environmental Management in the Extractive and Minerals Processing Industries (NVQ Level 4) or similar.
- Extensive practical and proven management experience within the mineral extractive industry preferably in kaolin mining operations in particular open cast mining involving heavy earth moving machines and fleets working at multiple sites.
- Proven knowledge and experience of working under UK quarries legislation 1999.
- Practical and proven knowledge and experience of continuous improvement of EHS standards within mining and processing activities.
- Proven ability to manage financial aspects of the role including budgeting, cost control and capital expenditure.
- Proven experience in optimising production assets and resources.
- Proven experience in leading, managing, developing and motivating employees including within a shift environment.
- Full Driving Licence
A full job description and person specification is available on request to Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner by emailing [email protected].
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure.
To apply please go to www.imerys.com, go the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, find the vacancy, click Apply button or click Apply with Linkedin button.
The closing date for applications is 3rd October 2018 at midday.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.