Mine Planning Engineer - Cornwall
Sorry, applications for this position have closed
Imerys Minerals Ltd has the opportunity to appoint a Mine Planning Engineer to be based in Quarry Close, Nanpean, Cornwall.
With over 250 years of mining history, Cornwall and Devon remains one of the largest Kaolin production areas worldwide in which Imerys is the main player. The UK Kaolin Platform extracts more than 12 million tonnes annually creating hundreds of thousands of tonnes of feed for the refiners and aggregate feed materials. The operations comprise of two main districts; Central Area and Western Area with each containing several active kaolin mines with diverse extraction techniques including wet hydraulic mining, dry mining and dredging.
Reporting to the Mining Technical Support Manager the purpose of the Mine Planning Engineer is to:
- Manage the development and update of long to short term mine plans for each deposit of the platform.
- Design and assist the implementation of pits and waste tips following geotechnical guidance, in line with Imerys Safety standards.
- Assist in production reporting and contribute to continual improvement with key performance indicators.
Applications are invited from applicants who have:
- Degree level qualified in science or engineering - mining engineering or mining geology.
- Direct and relevant experience working in mining environment - production experience necessary
- Direct and relevant experience in mine planning and mine designs in mining environment (Brownfield) - especially in multi-mine operations.
- Excellent IT skills together with familiarisation of one of the major design and mine planning software packages, particularly GEOVIA (Surpac, Whittle, MineSched) or Datamine (NPVS).
- Full Driving Licence.
A full job description and person specification is available on request to Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner by emailing [email protected].
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure.
To apply please go to www.imerys.com, go the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, find the vacancy, click Apply button or click Apply with Linkedin button.
The closing date for applications is 1st November 2018 at midday.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.