Lead Driller - Cornwall
Sorry, applications for this position have closed
Imerys Minerals Ltd has the opportunity to recruit for an exploration drilling team to be based in St Austell, Cornwall.
With over 250 years of mining history, Cornwall and Devon remains one of the largest Kaolin production areas worldwide in which Imerys is the main player. The UK Platform extracts more than 12 million tonnes annually creating hundreds of thousands of tonnes of feed for the refiners and aggregate feed materials. The operations comprise of two main districts; Central Area and Western Area with each containing several active kaolin mines with diverse extraction techniques including wet hydraulic mining, dry mining and dredging.
Imerys is creating an in-house exploration drilling team, aiming to drill in the region of 5km of core per year. The program is essential to our plans to improve the confidence we have in our reserve and resource estimates over the coming years. Imerys has purchased a drill rig and are now looking to recruit the following role:
The drillers are responsible for operating the drill rig safely within the mining environment, adhering to quarry regulations and H&S standards and protocols. To consistently deliver an efficient level of productivity and produce high-quality results.
- Direct and relevant experience in exploration drilling in mining environment and as a lead and / or second driller
- NVQ Level 2 in Land Drilling or working towards
- CSCS Blue Skilled Worker Card
- Full driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility, with the ability to work to demanding and changing priorities
- In-date BDA Audit
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- First aid trained
- Experience of operating tracked multi-purpose rigs and Geobor S rig
- In-situ down hole testing
- Overburden casing systems
- Experience of different flush types
- Drilling to obtain high quality cores through various bedrock formations
- Drilling in primary kaolin deposits
- Maintenance of plant and vehicles
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to safety and mine safety compliance. For the right candidate a suitable training package can be made available.
Contact - Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner, email: [email protected]
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure. Working hours will be 50 hours per week, 10 hour working days Monday to Friday.
To apply please go to www.imerys.com.
The closing date for applications is 12th February 2020 at midday.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.