Lead Driller - Cornwall
Sorry, applications for this position have closed
Imerys Minerals Ltd has the opportunity to appoint a Lead Driller to be based in St Austell, Cornwall.
With over 250 years of mining history, Cornwall and Devon remains one of the largest Kaolin production areas worldwide in which Imerys is the main player. The UK Platform extracts more than 12 million tonnes annually creating hundreds of thousands of tonnes of feed for the refiners and aggregate feed materials. The operations comprise of two main districts; Central Area and Western Area with each containing several active kaolin mines with diverse extraction techniques including wet hydraulic mining, dry mining and dredging.
As part of our development we are willing to create a new drilling department and we are looking for a Lead Driller with:
- Significant and proven experience in exploration drilling in mining environment & as a lead driller
- NVQ Level 2 in Land Drilling
- CSCS Blue Skilled Worker Card
- Full driving licence
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to safety and mine safety compliance.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience include:
- In-date BDA Audit
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- First aid trained
- Experience of operating tracked multi-purpose rigs and Geobor S rig
- In-situ down hole testing
- Overburden casing systems
- Experience of different flush types
- Drilling to obtain high quality cores through various bedrock formations
- Drilling in Primary Kaolin deposits
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintenance of plant and Vehicles
Contact - Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner, email : [email protected]
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure.
To apply please go to www.imerys.com, go the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, find the vacancy, click Apply button or click Apply with Linkedin button.
The closing date for applications is 15th February 2019 at midday.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.