Health & Safety Manager - Dundee
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
BREEDON GROUP PLC is one of the largest construction materials group in the UK and Ireland with over 3,500 employees. Its Northern Division, headquartered near Dundee, operates 43 quarries, 16 asphalt plants, around 60 ready-mixed concrete plants and two concrete block plants, primarily supplying the North, West and East of Scotland (including the Hebrides) and parts of Northern England. It also operates a contract surfacing business throughout Scotland, undertaking both minor road surfacing projects and major infrastructure contracts.
Breedon Northern are currently seeking an individual to lead its Health and Safety team. With an ambition to be the safest construction materials company in the UK, this is a key role within our Senior Management Team. Core responsibilities include:
- Working with the Group Head of H & S to ensure consistency across our businesses
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the group to develop effective H & S strategies
- Working with stakeholders across the business to achieve compliance with our H & S standards
- Promoting and implementing best practice across the Northern Business
- Supporting the Operational Management Teams to ensure the business is managed in such a way as to prevent injuries and ill health
- Reviewing H & S indicators to ensure progressive performance
- Proactively representing the business with trade associations, regulatory bodies, key stakeholders and customers where appropriate
- Embedding a strong independent H & S culture.
You will have the ability to influence behaviour at all levels in the business and execute wide ranging strategy. You will also have exceptional leadership skills, demonstrable H & S management experience with NEBOSH Diploma qualification or equivalent and ideally be a Chartered Member of IOSH with experience of the sector. This is a fast-paced business so an ability to adapt and engage is essential.
We offer competitive terms and benefits associated with being an employer of choice, including pension and share save option.
Closing date: 31 October 2019
Breedon Group plc is an equality opportunity employer