Geologist - Cornwall
Imerys Minerals Ltd has the opportunity to appoint a Geologist to be based in St Austell, Cornwall.
With over 250 years of mining history, Cornwall and Devon remains one of the largest Kaolin production areas worldwide in which Imerys is the main player. The UK Platform extracts more than 12 million tonnes annually creating hundreds of thousands of tonnes of feed for the refiners and aggregate feed materials. The operations comprise of two main districts; Central Area and Western Area with each containing several active kaolin mines with diverse extraction techniques including wet hydraulic mining, dry mining and dredging.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for day to day for geological activities management with emphasis on grade control.
- Be responsible for geological and quality modelling updates improving model resolution and resource estimates of the mines under their responsibility.
- Participate to the objective of better anticipation on short and long term mine planning in terms of quality and quantities.
- Provide technical assistance on a project basis with geological modelling, grade distribution analysis, reconciliation and mine phasing development.
- Apply best practices and experiences in the understanding of the ore characterisation and related uncertainties in support of mine development and decisions.
- Have a strong commitment to safety and mine safety compliance.
Applicants will be required to have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Geologic Engineering with equivalent significant proven experience in mine geology or grade control.
- Skills in resource estimation and short term mine planning.
- Experience in intrusive rock type geology, altered rocks or industrial mineral deposits are advantaegous.
- Computer literate with knowledge and experience of computer based geological modelling or mining software, Geovia Surpac software or any kind of 3D Geo mining software, and Microsoft Office products.
- Organised and flexible in approach to work and scheduled tasks.
- Supervisory experience with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Full driving licence.
A full job description and role specification is available from Clare Sleeman, HR Business Partner, email : [email protected]
Imerys offer a competitive salary and employee benefits structure.
To apply please go to www.imerys.com, go the Careers tab, select Recruitment, Job Offers, find the vacancy, click Apply button or click Apply with Linkedin button.
The closing date for applications is 11th January 2019 at midday.
Applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.