Environmental Officer - Scotland
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Location: Central Belt Scotland
Employer: The Malcolm Group
Division: Malcolm Construction
Malcolm Construction is one of the largest civils contractors in the country, also operating the largest tipper and skip hire fleet in Scotland and is a recognised leader in landfill, waste management and recycling.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Environmental Officer for the Company. This is a permanent, full time position, reporting to the Environmental Manager.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for environmental planning and reporting;
- Regular environmental inspections and internal audits at W H Malcolm sites;
- Technical and chemical appraisal of information relating to contaminated land, including Waste Management assessments, waste soil classification and summarising and recording to fulfil permit obligations and tender enquiries;
- Assessment and preparation of information for external audit to ensure continued compliance with reporting standards;
- Ensure that the Environmental Management System is being operated and maintained at all levels;
- Review and updating of Environmental Management System procedures;
- Provide Estimating team with classification information timeously to ensure tender success;
- Ensure necessary consents and licenses required for projects are available and up-to-date;
- Internal and external representative for W H Malcolm’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme, ensuring sustainability and environmental compliance;
- Produce and deliver in-house training and toolbox talks on environmental matters.
- Qualified in an environmental discipline;
- Proven experience of working as an Environmental Officer with contaminated land experience, or equivalent demonstrable skills;
- Strong knowledge of environmental legislation;
- A background in construction, quarrying, or waste management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- As the role involves supporting our numerous projects across Central Belt Scotland, a full UK driving license is essential.
We are looking for a motivated, practical individual with effective communication, planning and organisation skills who is a strong team player with a desire to work as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team.
Salary commensurate with experience. A Company vehicle will be provided.
To apply for this position please send a CV to [email protected]