Driller – Nationwide Opportunities
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
EPC-UK Drillers are responsible for operating drill rigs and conducting drilling duties in a safe and efficient manor adhering to relevant company, customer, and industry standards.
EPC-UK Drillers are part of the Services team and work in conjunction with the Drilling and Area Supervisors to ensure drilling equipment is effectively and safely utilised as well as inspected and maintained in line with relevant equipment standards. Drillers work with the Supervisory team to ensure drilling time is maximised through effective communication and planning to reduce standing, tracking and transport time.
Drillers are responsible for providing to the shotfiring teams blast holes drilled in accordance with the planned design, recording and communicating in a timely manner any issues with the quality of the drilling delivered.
- To ensure that the company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures are effectively implemented, with due regard to the Company’s guidance manual(s) and safety targets.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms with the Quarries Regulations 1999 and other relevant legislation.
- To operate and maintain allocated drilling rig in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with relevant safety standards, legislation, company procedures and industry good practice.
- To produce and communicate to the Shotfiring team detailed accurate logs of any drilling undertaken.
- To represent EPC-UK in a professional manner when operating on customer sites.
- Register for and maintain formal CPD records.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or higher (or equivalent).
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Experience in construction or heavy industry desirable.
- Specialist training:
- Machine Manufacturer Competence Card.
- VQ Level 2 in Drilling Operations.
To apply in the strictest confidence, please contact:
Julie Wootton, Head of Human Resources, EPC United Kingdom Plc, 1 Venture Crescent, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7RA or via email [email protected]
Closing Date: 28th February 2021
An equal opportunities employer