Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
Thor Atkinson Steel Fabrications have been supplying the major UK aggregate companies since 1997. With years of experience working with steel, we pride ourselves in fabricating conveyors, crushers and structural work for UK quarries.
We are looking for an experienced design engineer as the company is growing and our design team needs to grow with it. The successful candidate will produce designs and ensure all the relevant paperwork is complete. You will design your own projects and work with the fabrication workshop to iron out any problems. This role will require some site work and preference will be given to those with previous aggregates experience and experience in portal frame buildings.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- To progress designs to a stage ready for fabrication drawings and to order of all parts.
- To produce fabrication drawings for the designs.
- To liaise with different departments in the company to ensure all the correct parts are ordered and the workshop have the correct fabrication drawings.
- To work closely with fabricators to help with any drawing queries.
- To check the quality of the build.
- Previous experience in portal frame buildings and the quarrying sector/aggregates highly desirable.
- Previous experience in design engineering, and able to read drawings accurately.
- Previous experience using SolidWorks is preferable.
- Able to use MS Office proficiently.
Terms and conditions:
- Standard working week will be 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
- You will be on call to customers and fitters during project installations.
- Travelling to job sites will be required on occasion.
- Competitive rate of pay offered, depending on experience.
- 28 days annual leave entitlement inclusive of 8 statutory days.
For further information please email [email protected]