Sorry, applications for this position have now closed.
Chepstow Plant International are seeking to employ a contracts manager with extensive earthworks and civil engineering experience with appropriate qualifications to join the company’s growing team. The ideal candidate will have a BSc in Civil Engineering with good geotechnical awareness. The job will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer and the Managing Director of the business.
The main job duties include:
- Monitoring of applications for payments in line with clients and CPI terms and conditions of business.
- To cost and submit tender opportunities within the quarrying, earthworks sectors working alongside the operational management.
- Manage the cost control and application for payments timeously at set frequencies while building and maintaining relationships crucial to the continuing success of the project.
- Maintaining and updating the tender pipeline.
- Monitoring the performance of the contracts while seeking cost reduction opportunities to increase profit through increased efficiency and cost control.
The job skill requirements include:
- Qualified chartered civil engineer (IENG or CENG).
- University degree in civil engineering or equivalent work experience to carry out the role of contracts manager with 10 plus year experience in a similar role.
- Extensive earthworks & civils experience with good geotechnical awareness.
- Proficient in use of engineering software and volumetric calculations, such as Autocad or LSS.
- Site engineering background preferred. Competent in all aspects of information transfer from plans to spreadsheets for costing and analysis.
- Competent in all aspects of information transfer supporting design requirements.
- Understanding of a modern earthmoving fleet; performance, production levels, cost to operate, labour cost, fuel consumption, etc.
- Exceptional client facing skills are a prerequisite.
- Flexibility is essential.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, word, excel, project and power point.
This position provides a great opportunity for personal development, as well as supporting the continuing growth in a senior management role. The position is for the UK, so travelling and occasional nights away may be required, though this would be minimal. The position comes with a competitive remuneration package, which is to be discussed upon application.
All CV’s are to be forwarded to our HR department: [email protected]