Compliance Officer - West Midlands
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
NRS is a leading independent mineral operator in the Midlands.
They are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer to ensure operations are carried out in accordance with legislation, especially Waste Management permits.
NRS currently operate 2 combined quarries, landfill, and recycling facilities at Meriden and Cannock. A third operation is currently being developed near Telford.
The position available would best suit a newly qualified person with some relevant site experience, with main duties being:
- Establishment of a monitoring regime to take into account existing operational authorisations.
- Management of sampling required for permit conformity.
- Day to day liaison with Operational Management to understand site development and operational fluctuations.
- Assistance with segregation of waste streams to maintain recycling targets.
- Carrying out of site audits.
- Direct liaison with relevant authorising authority.
- Receiving laboratory reports and react accordingly to results.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards at all times.
Applications are invited from candidates with appropriate skills and experience, especially in inert waste management operations.
Applicants must have an ability to work individually and as part of a team.
Good computer skills will be required, together with strong communication skills.
The position will be based at Meriden Quarry, near Coventry, but the position will require appropriate travel between respective operations.
Full time employment is available, with a competitive salary and associated benefits, including use of a company vehicle.
Closing date: Thursday 26th April 2018.
Applications should be sent to Ian Pearson at [email protected]