Assistant Quarry Manager - Hull
- North Cave Quarry, Hull
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants, around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quarry Manager, based at our North Cave Quarry, Hull. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Reporting to the Quarry Manager, you will be the appointed person in charge of the Quarry to control and coordinate health and safety requirements in accordance with the Quarries Regulations 1999.
- Working with all members of the Management team to continually raise the Health, Safety and Environmental standards of the Company.
- Ensuring that all contractors who carry out work on the quarry site are inducted, monitored and supervised to ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensuring that the site is maintained in a condition which creates ownership and responsibility.
- Ensuring that production systems and products comply with all current quality standards.
- Ensuring that company and regulatory inspections and reports are completed.
- Liaising with the sales team and customers to ensure the sites deliver the highest standards in customer service.
You will ideally hold the IOSH Managing Safety qualification. Level 4 QCF & quarry experience would be beneficial.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including business-use vehicle, pension and life assurance.
To apply, please visit www.breedongroup.com/careers
Breedon Group plc is an equal opportunity employer