Assistant Quarry Manager - Dunbar
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Quarry Manager to join our friendly team in Dunbar.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. Reporting directly to the Quarry Manager, the successful candidate will make sure that the daily operation of the quarry is being run to the highest standards of safety and equipment efficiency.
- Assist the manager / supervisors with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Quarry always conforms with safety requirements
- Acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Managing, training and supporting all departmental supervisors
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous Supervisory or Management experience gained within quarry or similar environment. As well as possess good communication and have a real desire in developing your own skills. You will also:
- Have experience of drilling and blasting operations
- Have experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures
- Have Project Management experience
- Have experience of effective Budgeting and cost control
- Possess change management experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
- Have responsibility to be “on call” via a rota system with the Production team
- Geotechnical level 3
- CPD record (3 years minimum)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- QCF level 5 or working towards, quarry inspections
Interested? To learn more about this opportunity, visit https://tarmaccareers.com