Assistant Quarry Manager - Cambridgeshire
Sorry, applications for this position have now closed
Francis Flower, formed in 1953, is a family owned business supplying high-quality limestone and anhydrite products to the construction and agricultural industries.
An exciting, challenging and rewarding position is waiting for the right candidate at our Wicken Quarry near Ely, Cambridgeshire. The site extracts and mills oolitic Limestone powders, as well as operating an infill and recycling operation. Working alongside the Quarry Manager you will have a wide ranging role, working with a small but competent team, to carry out numerous site operations.
As Assistant Quarry Manager you will hold a section 8 1(d) appointment, and be an experienced people manager, communicator and influencer with an enthusiastic drive to promote continual improvement and the ability “to think outside the box” to optimising production targets. You will have an analytical approach to fault finding and problem solving, maintenance planning, and promote and maintain our strong health and safety culture.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient management of our Wicken site, whilst ensuring compliance with all company and legislative standards.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting the Quarry Manager 8 1 (C) in all operations in accordance with the Quarry Regulations 1999
- Promote and continually improve the Health, Safety and Environmental standards of the Company.
- Maintain control of contractors to ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Maintain and optimise mobile and static plant to a high standard.
- Ensure company and regulatory inspections and reports are completed.
- Occasionally operating Mobile plant i.e. Front end loader
- Operating a milling/crushing plant
- Create and maintain records and be competent in using Microsoft Office
The preferred applicant would hold:
- Level 4 QCF working towards level 6
- IOSH Managing Safety or equivalent H&S qualification
- MPQC FEL operator card
- Quarry Regs and ACOP
- Geotechnical qualification
Salary rate £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Please apply in writing, enclosing a cv and covering letter to: Human Resources, Francis Flower, The White House, Gurney Slade, Radstock BA3 4UU
Or email to: [email protected]