Assistant Quarry Manager
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- Attractive salary and benefits
Goonvean Aggregates Ltd is an established Aggregate, Sand & Gravel business based in Cornwall. Due to continued growth we have a requirement for an Assistant Quarry Manger.
Working alongside the Quarries Manager you will have a wide-ranging role, whilst working with a small experienced team to run numerous site operations.
The Assistant Quarry Manager role requires an experienced people manager, communicator and influencer with an enthusiastic drive to promote continual improvement with an ability “to think outside the box”.
Optimising production targets, having an analytical approach to fault finding and problem solving, maintenance planning, whilst promoting a strong health & safety culture.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient management of all Goonvean Aggregates sites, whilst ensuring compliance with all company and legislative standards.
Your duties will include:
- Assisting the Quarry Manager 8(1)c in all Goonvean Aggregate operations in accordance with the Quarries Regulations 1999.
- Working alongside the Management team to continually improve the Health, Safety and Environmental standards of the Company.
- Ensure that all contractors who carry out work on Goonvean Aggregates sites are inducted, monitored and supervised to ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- All plant and equipment are maintained to a high standard.
- Company and regulatory inspections and reports are completed.
- Liaising with the technical and sales team to ensure the sites deliver the highest standards in quality and customer service.
You will ideally hold the IOSH Managing Safety qualification, Level 6 QCF would be beneficial.
A full driving licence is essential as you will be provided with a company vehicle to travel between sites.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]