Mentor Training Solutions Limited
Mentor is the UK's leading provider of training and associated services for all types of materials handling, access and mobile plant equipment. Through Mentor Training Solutions, we work to serve industries that are heavily reliant on these equipment types, including, but - not limited to - quarrying, waste recycling, utilities, facilities management and construction.
We specialise in the delivery of the following fully accredited and nationally recognised operator training courses:
- Mobile plant equipment – available under the MPQC Operator Competency scheme, NPORS or EU Skills; including excavators, tractors, loaders, dozers, dumpers, compactors, materials handlers, mini diggers, skidsteers, telehandlers , screens and crushers
- 4x4 Light Quarry Vehicles
- Access platforms and safety harness – IPAF accredited
- Mobile scaffolding towers – PASMA accredited
- Fork lift trucks – AITT or NPORS accredited
- Overhead gantry cranes and slinging and lifting – LEEA accredited; including pendant, remote and cab-controlled
- Lorry mounted cranes – ALLMI accredited
- Manual handling training – IOSH accredited
- Vehicle banksman
- LGV shunter
- Abrasive Wheels
- IOSH Working safely, IOSH Managing safely, and Mentor-exclusive IOSH Managing safely forklift operations
The Mentor team comprises over 250 training professionals and support staff who provide 24/7 nationwide coverage. Our instructors deliver training at your location, with your equipment, ensuring that delegates receive basic and job specific training, resulting in relevant guidance for the environment in which they work and on the equipment that they are expected to use day to day.
We are committed to understanding customer needs and providing fully comprehensive and cost effective training solutions. Our technical team welcome the opportunity to work with customers to ensure delegates receive relevant training courses, in line with the latest best practice guidance.
More about Mentor
Since being established in 1988, Mentor has trained over 600,000 operators and, following the recent acquisition of SERAC UK, we can now provide the extractives and mineral processing industry with the complete end-to-end training, qualification and assessment service. From equipment operators to managers, lab technicians to apprentices, we offer training solutions for any type and size of business.
Our customers range from small to medium sized companies with basic requirements for training a handful of operators, right through to meeting the volume, logistical, operational and time/pressure needs of major quarrying and recycling companies.