Multi Unit Quarry Manager – Colchester
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
SRC Group is a leading independent provider of construction materials and services to London and the Home Counties. As a producer of primary and secondary aggregates, together with a comprehensive waste management service.
We are seeking an experienced Quarry Manager to run two sand and gravel quarries based near Colchester, Essex – which together produce over 400 thousand tonnes a year.
- Responsible for the profitable, safe and efficient management of multiple aggregate and recycling production units
- To drive continuous improvements in SHE performance and maintain a strong and positive SHE culture in line with current legislation and Company Policies
- To manage and motivate a close-knit team
- To assist the management team to consistently raise the levels of quality production, stock availability and customer service
- Responsible for managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and the ability when required in dealing with customers face-to-face.
- Detailed knowledge in the areas of extraction, processing systems and land restoration.
- Strong SHE leadership and excellent knowledge of SHE Legislation requirements
- Good level of education with NVQ L4 SHE Management and Inert Landfill WAMITAB L4 certification plus relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH, Quarrying Technology Diploma etc
- Proven track record in closely managing and delivering profit improvements in quarry and / or Recycling operations at multifunctional sites
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and able to project manage to a high standard.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter via the contact form below.